Charities & Education
If you believe everything you read then practically every firm of accountants has
expertise in the voluntary sector, as well as every other sector too!
We are different, we just specialise in one sector, this one
The voluntary sector is vibrant and dynamic but in these difficult times more than ever, many charities require specialist financial support if they are to succeed. Miller Wash Associates provides much needed expertise to the voluntary sector at an affordable cost to assist charities in maximising the funds they have available.
How we do it:
We focus our time and energy immersing ourselves in the voluntary sector, ensuring we can provide the expertise the sector needs and deserves by:
- Offering free introductory trustee training sessions, which can be as little as a 20 minute slot at the start of a Board meeting. We can also deliver longer, tailor made training sessions to meet your requirements
- Building on our many years of experience advising the sector working with both local and national charities
- Using our experience advising national charities on a wide range of strategic matters including structure and form, trading subsidiaries, alternative income streams, fundraising, governance and much more
- Becoming trusted and experienced trustees/treasurers to local arts, health and wellbeing charities
- Undertaking pro bono secondment to lead a community engagement programme in Suffolk
- Developing strong links and relationships locally to understand the challenges and barriers being faced by the voluntary sector
- Ensuring our training and development is up to date and charity and education focussed
- Providing support dealing with the Charity Commission and completing anual returns
We understand the flexibility charities require at a cost that is affordable. For our friends in the voluntary sector, we offer the following additional services:
- Independent examinations
- Governance training and advice
- Trustee training sessions
- Fundraising advice
- Guidance with your annual report and key policies
- Benchmarking and trend analysis
- Cash flow management and forecasting
We believe the depth of our sector understanding and expertise, combined with the strength of our passion and commitment, delivered to you at the highest quality and
yet at an affordable cost is a truly unique service offering to the sector.
Why not see what those we have worked with say about us on our testimonials page.
Terms & Policies
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and will only use the information we collect in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page so please do check this periodically to ensure you are still happy with it.
Information we collect
We may collect the following:
We may request additional information in connection with a specific campaign, survey or offer.
How we use this information
We require this information to stay in touch with you and provide you with a better service, specifically:
It assists with internal record keeping.
We may periodically send promotional emails to you which we think you may interesting and informative.
If you have signed up to receive emails from Miller Wash you have the option to opt out, this can be found in the footer of the email.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Miller Wash is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites to which any links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information.
Controlling personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please contact us for more information.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Miller Wash and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties, of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the services contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place upon such information is entirely at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please email us via our contact us page.